2015년 11월 12일 목요일

Blog Post #5

Jihyeon Baeg
EW2-020
November 13, 2015


Advantages of Studying from the Blog Writing

      It changed my habits of studying that posting my paragraphs on the blog for three reasons. First of all, I became an active learner. Gary said, “Teacher gave you homeworks, and you did, and teacher graded your scores, and finally you maybe threw them away.” Actually, I totally agree with him, and maybe many students, too. As most pupils know the method of the education of Korea, many classes are similar of what Gary said. That is to say ‘Cramming Education.’ Of course, these blog postings are not easy and always took more than three hours, but I think it would be greater for improving my capacity. Now, I can think actively about the subjects of postings and feel satisfaction with change of myself. In addition, I learnt ‘using reference’ accurately. I didn’t know how to or why use quotation till last semester. However, I learned it and understand why it needed. Also, I became know great site of citation from Gary. Finally, the given subjects made me considerate about things that I’m interested in. Most topics had associations with my things. In other words, they were related to daily life. The first paragraph was about my hometown, and the second one the café of concentration. In order to write own paragraphs, I needed to contemplate them. If the topics are similar continuously, it would be also great that expressing my thoughts. To sum up, blog postings have made me write paragraphs better than before.

댓글 4개:

  1. Hello JiHyeon,
    It's very impressive that you use a direct quotation. I can feel like that I hear Gary's voice. Also, your paragraph is very systematic, so I can recognize what you said about concisely. I wonder where you get data for citation source. I always have hard time to find appropriate citation source. Anyway, have a nice day!
    -HanDaUl

    답글삭제
  2. Hi JiHyeon,
    I agree your idea. I learned a lot from writing blog post. It is not easy to write my idea in English, but it helps me to improve my writing skills and use proper citation. Our effort are all mixed together to make our English skills better.
    Have a good day!
    Soyoung

    답글삭제
  3. Dear JiHyeon,
    I didn't know about that you said 'Cramming Education'. I found that meaning, and I really agree with you. When we are studying, we just study for doing homework. However, in Gary Class, we should study spontaneously. Because, when we are doing assignments, we have to not only write but also think. These are about hometown, good place for concentrate, and new topic paragraph. It really made me to study hard.
    Best Wishes,
    Sangwon

    답글삭제
  4. Hi Ji Hyeon,
    When I heard Gary said, "I gave you homework, and after you finished, I graded your scores, and then finally you may threw them away,” I felt empathy and chagrin. Unlike cramming education, blog posting needs creativity. It makes us to consider about various kinds of fields and things. Although I also think blog posting and commenting to others take lots of time, I strongly believe both of our writing skills have improved by practicing writing consistently.
    Best regards,
    Doyeon

    답글삭제